Patient Relations Department
The Patient Relations Department exists to provide all our patients/customers with an exceptional experience through quality care and service, support and education to both patients and staff, and a commitment to service excellence individually and collectively that is second to none in Navy Medicine.
To achieve our mission, we are dedicated to the following guiding principles/values:
- We value our patients/customers and will serve them with timely, professional and courteous service
- We will earn their trust by striving to provide a quality experience every time
- We will be flexible and creative in order to find acceptable solutions and options for our patients
- We will strive to meet or exceed our patient's/customer’s expectations. If we cannot give a patient or customer what they request due to statutory or regulatory constraints, we will provide them the best possible options in an effort to support their healthcare needs
- We will be loyal and committed to the individuals that comprise and support the organization
- Excellence in service to patients, customers and staff above all
Delivering service excellence and customer satisfaction is about providing timely, responsive, and compassionate service with integrity, simplicity and a passion for excellence. We will deliver this level of service to every patient every time they access our services, while meeting or exceeding their expectations. We will hold ourselves and the NMCSD staff to the highest standards of service.
What we Value
Trust: Demonstrate traits that provide patients, staff and leadership with confidence that we can be relied upon to deliver solutions to difficult issues and concerns
Respect: Value the feedback and insight of our staff and patients in regards to improving our service, constantly striving to strengthen our communication lines and partnership both inside and outside the MTF.
Teamwork: We will be the finest example of a skilled and committed patient relations team, train all departments to develop the highest standards of service excellence, and be the command leaders of the customer service mission of NMCSD.
Integrity: Honesty and character are the foundation and driving force behind everything we do, and we will build our reputation on reliability, integrity, and conflict resolution skill of every member our staff.
Excellence: Deliver quality service to every customer every time, and take advantage of each opportunity to provide a positive customer experience. We will recognize the excellence of our staff via formal recognition programs and other informal ways to promote and reward service excellence.
What we Do
Processing of compliments, complaints, and suggestions
Optimization of Patient and Staff Education
Patient & Family Centered Care Initiatives
Patient Satisfaction Surveys
Staff Customer Service Training
ICE Program Management
Command Customer Service Program Management