IV INFUSION POLICY
When booking, rescheduling, or canceling appointments for IV Infusions (ketamine, lidocaine, magnesium)
1. You will be scheduled for a series of 4 infusions which you may stop at any time
2. Your infusion appointment is NOT a time for paperwork requests (LIMDU, PEB, etc) or medication refills
3. If an appointment is not cancelled at least 24 hours in advance, all consecutive appointments will be cancelled
Acupuncture is an Eastern Medicine technique used to manage and treat pain. It can improve the body's functions and promote the natural self-healing process. The acupuncturist utilizes the insertion of fine, sterile needles into the skin to achieve improved pain and function.
Acupuncture is not a TRICARE covered benefit. NMCSD Pain Medicine Clinic offers this unique technique to our patients in effort to utilize all multi-disciplinary options to reduce pain and improve quality of life.
We have 2 acupuncturists at NMCSD, one who is located on the Main Campus, the other located at Naval Training Center.
Due to limited acupuncture availability and access of care through the Pain Medicine Clinic, you may need to continue treatment in the community.
Based on limited availability, we ask that patients cancel their appointments at least 24 hours in advance. This will help promote effective acupuncture treatments for all our patients.
1. You have been placed on Limited Duty. This is an administrative procedure via BUPERS or HQMC to allow you time to receive treatment and participate in therapy.
2. Your success in returning to full duty is dependent on your participation in recommended therapies.
3. Non-compliance with attendance at related therapies (PT, Mind Body Medicine, Health and Wellness, Mental Health, Pain Clinic) WILL result in a return to full duty for administrative processing by your command. Your Commanding Officer may consider you in violation of Article 86 of the UCMJ (unauthorized absence).
4. Non-compliance with medication therapy WILL result in a return to full duty.