- Deliver quality laboratory services in support of the armed forces.
- Maintain medical readiness.
- Advance medicine through education and training.
- Promote an environment which maximizes staff morale and job satisfaction.
The Naval Medical Center San Diego Laboratory Department will:
- Provide the highest quality Laboratory services which are readily accessible, comprehensive, cost effective, and timely.
- Be considered by patients, health care providers, and colleagues, as well as the civilian and military community, as the leader in providing quality laboratory services.
- Be fully trained and ready to provide the highest level of operational support.
- Be regarded as a center for excellence in medical education and professional growth.
- Use the information management systems to maximize efficiency.
- Reward performance which supports our values and promotes job satisfaction.
- Create a safe, non-threatening environment that maximizes staff involvement, encourages team building, and promotes harmony.
- Use Continuous Quality Improvement to enhance the quality of medical care.