What is Wellness and Readiness Operations Center? (WAROps)
Our WAROps Warrior Readiness Training Program (WRTP) is designed to guide our active duty warfighters to achieve optimal health, wellness, and readiness goals through access to personalized health coaching, innovative fitness plans, and wellness education.
Who can attend?
Active Duty Service Members are eligible to participate in this program, including those at risk of PFA failure or participating in Fitness Enhancement Program (FEP).
For more information or to sign up for classes call 619-532-7764.
Regular exercise is key to a healthy lifestyle, we believe that it is important to prevent injury and stay safe during exercise, and with a little planning, this can be accomplished. This course will instruct on various ways to prepare the body for successful training with a focus on preventing injury. With this class you will have an opportunity to:
1. Better understand what causes exercise injuries.
2. Gain knowledge on how to properly warm-up.
3. Understand the importance of hydration, sleep and regeneration.
4. Learn how overuse injuries and heat-related illness can be prevented.
Nutrition: Fueling for Success
Proper nutrition will be the key to your success through the Warrior Readiness Training Program (WRTP). While working with our Registered Dietitian you will gain knowledge of the recommendations of the program. These recommendations are aimed to help you build muscle, lose weight, and decrease that unwanted body fat. With this class you will have an opportunity to:
1. Develop a foundation to knowledge to make nutritious food choices.
2. Recognize the role of diet and exercise in managing your weight.
3. Understand the difference between whole, processed and ultraprocessed foods.
4. Discuss macros and how they play a role in a balanced diet while classifying foods as proteins, carbohydrates and fats.
Nutrition: Tracking for Success
Your nutrition goals will best be achieved with the accountability of tracking while you are enrolled in our Warrior Readiness Training Program (WRTP). Learning to properly and successfully track your habits will give you and your health coach a unique perspective on your progress. With this class you will have an opportunity to:
1. Understand the importance of tracking your nutrition and exercise habits.
2. Identify tools for tracking calories and macros that will aid in your success.
3. Gain insight into the many aspects of your eating habits.
4. Recognize foods that you may be missing or over indulging in.
Warrior Readiness Training Program (WRTP): Workout Class
1. The goal of WRTP is to provide evidence-based programming designed to guide the Active Duty warfighters to achieve optimal health, wellness, and readiness through access to personalized health coaching, innovative fitness plans, and wellness education.
2. RTP will provide some resources and training to warfighters with goal to impact mission readiness through improving overall health, BCA measurements, and PRT scores.