Computed Tomography (CT) Division
Capabilities and Services
Performs approximately 22,000 exams per year using the most advanced dose reduction and image quality techniques.
Naval Medical Center San Diego CT Division has three large bore dual source scanners, two of which have Dual 128-slice detectors. The speed and powerful artifact suppression features deliver previously unattainable levels of combined noise reduction, resolution gain and improved contrast. We have been able to significantly reduce radiation dose while, at the same time, improving image quality. As always, all scans are performed using the ALARA principle, to keep the patient’s dose As Low As Reasonably Achievable. We are recognized leaders in radiation dose reduction. This technology allows many scan acquisitions to be performed in under one second.
Specialized Exams Include:
- Cardiac Imaging with coronary CTA and Structural Heart Disease Evaluation.
- Dual energy with hardware minimization technique
- Vascular Imaging with extremity runoff
- Oncologic staging examinations
- CT Low Dose Lung Cancer Screening