COVID-19 Vaccine Availability
The CDC recommends COVID-19 vaccination for everyone 6 months and older. FDA-approved or authorized COVID-19 vaccines are currently available to all U.S. citizens and residents. Visit the CDC website for more information.
- COVID-19 vaccines are safe, effective, and free.
- Getting the vaccine can reduce the risk of severe disease, hospitalizations, and long-term complications from COVID-19.
- For children, the vaccine can also curb community transmission and reduce disruptions to in-person learning activities.
To learn more, visit the CDC website for answers to frequently asked questions, see Interim Clinical Considerations, and bust myths about vaccines.
Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine
COVID-19 vaccinations will continue to be offered at Naval Medical Center San Diego Central Immunizations Clinic. COVID-19 vaccine is available for beneficiaries age 12 and older.
Vaccines will be administered based on appointment and vaccine availability. Appointments are highly encouraged and can be made online by clicking HERE or by calling (619)-532-5358.
Continue to monitor our Facebook page and website for COVID-19 for vaccination updates and information. Our COVID-19 hotline at 619-532-5358 is also available for updates and information.
In addition, you can find a COVID-19 vaccines near you by visiting www.vaccines.gov or by calling 1-800-232-0233 (TTY: 1-888-720-7489).
Adults of any age with the following conditions are at increased risk of severe illness from the virus that causes COVID-19:
Chronic kidney disease,
COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
Heart conditions, such as heart failure
coronary artery disease, or cardiomyopathies
Immunocompromised state (weakened immune system) from solid organ transplant
Obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 30 kg/m2 or higher but < 40 kg/m2
Severe Obesity (BMI ≥ 40 kg/m2
Sickle cell disease
Type 2 diabetes
For a list of the Centers for Disease Control underlying medical conditions, please visit their website.
As a beneficiary with general questions about the vaccine, please visit TRICARE
To stay updated on all things COVID-19 and/or the COVID-19 vaccine, call our COVID-19 hotline at (619) 532-5358.
DOD COVID-19 Vaccine Service Member Mandate
COVID-19 vaccines are required for all members of the armed forces on active duty or in the Reserve or Guard components, including pregnant service members, according to DOD.
- If you’re a service member and have received a COVID-19 vaccine from a non-DOD provider, make sure to update your medical records.
- If you haven’t received your COVID vaccine yet, schedule your vaccine as soon as possible.
- Find a DOD COVID Vaccine Location near you.